May 8, 2011
It's been a long time since my last post, recently quite busy for work, I do hope like last time when I was studying which has much free time to do all sort of thing ToT. Well, back to topic, the patch for the Windows 7 SP1 is out, which mean now you are able to use those theme that I said not working under the SP1, it is only require few easy step. Continue after the break.
There is few easy step you has to follow, this step is execute after you install the theme, and before you want to use the theme. This only need to be done once on each of the theme manually. Let's get started.
- Well, first download the patch, link at below.
- Then extract it out anywhere you like, there should be 3 files, if I didn't upload the wrong thing. The file name is start with 'GetBmp.exe', 'Guider.exe', and 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll'.
- After that, locate to the theme folder, which has the theme you install. The path is something like this "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\**theme name** \ShellChange\".
- Then Copy the files(step 2) you just downloaded, and Paste it to the theme folder (step 3), just Overwrite it.
- Then, right-click on the 'GetBmp.exe' and select 'Run as administrator'. After that click Yes to continue, and you should able to see this Window (image below). The button is mean patching (direct translate is mean Patch upgrade). Is to upgrade the 'Guider.exe' I think. It extract some necessary file from the theme itself.
- Then just click the only option, and it will tell you upgrade success. Remember, you has to paste it into correct folder, or else it won't work(step 3). And also it is only need to be done ONCE in each of the theme.
- After that, you should able to see some of the file was went missing. Now, just select the 'Guider.exe' and right-click select 'Run as administrator' to use the theme, refer to the 'Windows 7 Theme Detector' section under this post to how to use the 'Guider.exe'. (Right after you select the 'Guider.exe', some of the file will reappear with 2 extra bitmap image to be found in the same folder).