Dec 25, 2008
First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! This is the combo post of the XP Theme (Damn tire to continue upload so many file). This theme was specially create for Christmas, mix together with many different anime character. This theme was present by Wolf Wind/fatefan. See below for instuction and download. I'm not too sure this theme was work well to the non chinese system, so mean I'm not sure this is 100% working :).How to use the theme?
- Download the theme from below link.
- Copy/cut and paste the downloaded rar/zip file into the directory of the windows themes, "C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes".
- Then extract the rar/zip into this folder, or right click the compressed file then "extract here". There is 2 file to be extracted.
- If your system not support chinese, the folder will show some funny word, but no worry, just double click the "Merry & New Year version.Theme" will do. Remember don't change any name, especially the folder (include the content inside the folder).
- After you apply the theme, go to the "display properties (or right-click desktop properties) > Appearance > Color Scheme:", from there choose the colour you like.
- Changing the colour not only will change the color and the skin, but also the background image, each color represent different folder background.
- If after you apply the theme, the skin still no change, or it become Window Classic Skin, please read the solution at below. If has other problem, please leave a comment here, try my best to solve.
- Download the UXTheme at below link. You can use some other similar function software/patch.
- Extract the file inside the rar/zip file.
- Execute the UXTheme Multi-Patcher 6.0, it will ask you something.
- Follow the instruction, it should request to reboot after apply the patch, just select ok. If it is not automatic reboot, then please reboot your system. After apply the patch, your Windows skin will become the classic skin. After reboot will be ok.
- Side note: If you using this version of UXTheme, you must use back the same version to unpatch, or else it will have problem.
WARNING: This solution is found from the internet, although I have tried it and does not face any problem, but I cannot assure the reliability of it. It will be your own responsibility if problems like system crash occur after you use this method.UXTheme Patch Download:
XP Theme Download:
Megaupload (25 Dec 2008)
sendspace(25 Dec 2008)